Amazon A10 Algorithm Ranking In 2019
There has been a lot of talk about an Amazon A9 update being called the Amazon A10 algorithm, however, Amazon has yet to make a statement if indeed they have changed the name of the algorithm that ranks keywords and products on the Amazon.com website.
Why are people now referring to it as A10?
The reason many people have started to call the new way that the Amazon algorithm works “A10” is because of some recent significant changes in how the a10 search algorithm works. Specifically, there is much more weight given to relevancy, and less given to sales driven from its internal ad system “Sponsored Products” also known as “Amazon PPC”.
Why do I need to know the major changes of the A9 Algorithm?
You need to know these changes so that you can put your marketing and optimization efforts in the right place.
The 9 factors affecting keyword rank are:
- Seller Authority – Seller authority refers to the seller’s authority that is in control of the Amazon listing, or the buy box. Seller authority is believed to be made up of factors such as: How long the seller has been active on Amazon, the seller’s feedback rating, the seller’s performance metrics, how many products the seller has in their catalog, and many other smaller factors.
- Impressions – How many times the product is seen anywhere on the Amazon.com website, affiliate sites, and partner sites. The more your product is seen, the more importance Amazon gives to that product’s listing.
- Sales Internal – Sales that initiate from the Amazon website without being tired to a search (things like frequently bought with)
- PPC Sales – This used to be a major factor in ranking keywords on Amazon, It’s since been demoted in 2019. It’s still a factor, but it’s no longer one of the main force in ranking keywords.
- Click Through Rate – This is how often your product is clicked when seeing in a search result. This is one of the main reason for having a compelling main photo and title.
- Off-Site Sales – The new kid on the block, and also the new leader in driving keyword rank for the A9 Algorithm in 2019. Driving off-site traffic to your Amazon listing in now 3X more effective than using Amazon PPC. If you are not driving off-site traffic to your Amazon listing you need to start! SellerSEO’s Traffic Titan can help you automate that process.
- Conversion Rate – Conversion rate the ratio at which someone views, and then inevitably buys a product. A higher conversion rate will get you ranked before your competitor’s product listings.
- Sales History – Your product’s rolling 180 sales history is a strong factor on how you will rank organically on Amazon search results pages. If you want strong product rankings, you will want to try to keep momentum by not running out of stock.
- Organic Sales – Organic sales are when shoppers purchase your product without any marketing or promotion. If a user searches for something, your product shows up in the search results, and someone buys it, then it would be considered an “Organic sale”.
You can use all of this data to your advantage to ensure that you are giving your product the best chance to rank in 2019 under the new rules of the Amazon a10 algorithm.
Updates for Q4 2019:
Update: There have been some big changes for the Amazon A9 (A10) algorithm in Q2 of 2019
Some important things you need to know about when it comes to how to rank on Amazon today, here are some recent events you need to consider:
- Ranking with Amazon discount promotions is going to get a lot harder. Amazon is starting to crack down on large discounts and a large volume of transactions from discounted products.
- Off-site traffic is now more essential than ever to drive rank and sales, and Amazon reviews.
- Make sure your product listing has as much data as possible, including additional fields like Subject Matter, Intended Use, Target Audience, Subject Keywords, And Other Attributes. These additional fields may vary by category and are found on the “Keywords & Description” field on Seller Central.
- Try to get as close as possible to 200 Characters on each bullet point
- Use Amazon’s “Early Reviewer Program” to get those essential early reviews.
- Include a product insert asking for the customer for feedback, include a link or QR code for them to scan to go to their order page
- Diversity of traffic is essential, you should be driving traffic with a 2-step URL from Google Ads, Facebook, IG, Pinterest, And More
- Get some micro influencers in your niche to do an unboxing and video review of your product, have them link to your Amazon product
- Create a Facebook group in the niche that you are in. Facebook is now prioritizing groups, so make sure you have one!
- Organic Google ranking is now essential. Build high-quality backlinks to your Amazon product.
You now have all the tips and tricks you’ll need to rank on the A9 Algorithm in 2019! Take action on all the points above and watch your sales and rank explode!